Friday, November 19, 2010

Vanover Family Trait







For as long as I can remember, making faces has been part of our family history. I think we can probably blame my Dad. He likes to make people laugh and one of his talents is to make cross-eyed funny faces. Of course, we all laughed, so he kept doing it. Sometime last week I received an email from Daddy with a cross-eyed face picture attached. I laughed, of course.

I also can cross my eyes. So can my Mom and my brother. We don't really do it very often but I have discovered it is a talent that runs in my family and not everyone can do it. So one day, I don't even know when it started, but I looked at my 3 year old, Sophia, and she is sitting there crossing her eyes at me. Clearly, she is doing it for a laugh because she is waiting for me to look at her. Of course, I laughed. It was such a surprise that I couldn't stop laughing, therefore, the reinforcement was made. I am intrigued by the fact that no one taught her how to cross her eyes but she just did it. It must really be a family trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment