Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Therapy for the Overstimulated and Overscheduled

Don't get me wrong, my life is good. I have a great husband, sweet kids and good friends. I am just TIRED. Maybe it's because our world is so fast paced and plugged in all of the time. I find myself unable to rest and be quiet. I have to give myself permission to take a break and not be "on" for everyone and everything that pulls me in all directions. When I look at my calendar it is a plethora of details written in different colored markers. It is a little ridiculous.

It is no wonder I finally caught a cold. So today, I am on the couch. I am still doing laundry so that the family won't go naked but that is all I am doing today. Norm took Sophia with him and Brayden is at school so I can rest and recharge. I need this. I have music on and I am just on the couch, my own couch so I don't end up on the Therapist's couch. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment